Friday 13 November 2015

10 Things To Do This Weekend That Won't Cost You A Penny

As I get older, I find myself spending more and more weekends at home to save money. I have so many outgoings and things to save up for, so sacrifices have to be made in order to do so. But that doesn't mean your weekends have to be boring! Here are a list of my favourite things to do that won't cost you a penny.

1. Exercise
I find it difficult to find the time to exercise during the week because of work, especially at this time of year when the days are shorter. Working out is the last thing on my mind after a long day, all I want to do is go home and relax on the couch! So for me, weekends are the perfect time to get some exercise in. You don't have to go to expensive classes or the gym, there are plenty of videos on you tube (Jillian Michaels is my favourite) and several apps you can download for your phone. I love starting my weekend off with a yoga session- it makes me feel so refreshed and ready for the day.

2. Have a clear out
If you're not a clean freak you probably won't find this task enjoyable, but I love a good clear out! It's the perfect way to pass the time if you are spending a weekend at home but want to do something productive. I like to have a clear out every few months; it's amazing how much clutter you collect and it saves time in the long run if you make the effort to do it on a regular basis.

3. Get around to all the tasks on your To Do list
I would be lost without To Do lists, I am an unorganised mess without them! There always seem to be so many things I never get around to doing and I know I'm not the only one. I get so much satisfaction getting through all my tasks!

4. Explore your city
You would be surprised at how many things you can do in your city or town that are free. I live in Glasgow and many museums and galleries are completely free and have different exhibitions on all the time. You could discover your local farmers market, spend an afternoon in the park or spend a day wandering and discovering new places to go to when you DO have money.

5. Learn a new skill
What have you always wanted to learn? Whatever it may be, it is a fun and productive way to spend your free time that costs nothing. There is so much information out there on the internet and tutorials on you tube  -whether it be learning a new language, working on your cooking skills or getting to grips with HTML (bloggers will understand), there's no excuse not to expand your knowledge.

6.Catch up with your favourite blogs
I could easily spend hours reading my most loved blogs and discovering new ones. I often find that because I blog myself, I don't have the time to read blogs like I used to as most of my spare time is spent creating content for my own!

7. Cook a lovely meal
I love cooking, but during the week I normally stick to cooking meals that are quick and easy t0 prepare. But if you have hours to spare, there are so many incredible meals you could make! So this one isn't technically free, but it does cost a lot less than eating out. One of my favourite ways to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon is preparing a Sunday roast with my boyfriend, it's so much fun and tastes delicious! If I do say so myself.

8.Enjoy some 'me' time
I think it's really important to make time and completely switch off from the world and it's every day stresses. It's crazy to think that younger generations will never know a world without the internet, smart phones and iPads. So avoid social media for a few hours by reading a book, treating yourself to a night of pampering or spend some quality time with your pet. You will feel so much better for it.

9. Have a Netflix binge
I think most people have a subscription to Netflix now; I love it for the selection of tv series more than the movies and I could easily lose many enjoyable hours watching my favourite shows. Grab some blankets, your favourite person and some yummy snacks and your weekend is sorted! I'm currently watching The Office, American Horror Story, Parks and Recreation and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'm a 90's teen at heart).

10. Sleep in!
The best thing about the weekend that won't cost you a penny? Spending as much time in bed as you like! It's the best feeling in the world not having to hit the snooze button.

How do you like to spend your weekends when you are trying to save money?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Sleeping in is just my favourite thing to do over the weekend since I don't get to on weekdays - lovely list!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, clear out is definitely in need!

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
  3. a netflix binge sounds fab, unfortunately i have to revise all weekend!
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! though this weekend I've only done the 10th one plus a lot of essay writing :/ I'll definitely come back to check the list next weekend :)
    xo, Jessie | Bear and Berries | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great tips))) I'm understand that I'm such an old lady in my 26) I like to watch movies, read books and blogs, doing some thing for the blog etc...Well seems that I should want to have prties...but..no
    xo
    Stacy

    http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post, thanks for sharing this!! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ideas! :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list of ideas! I think when I move to London I will be doing a lot of this!

    Heba xx || The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig