Saturday 4 January 2014

Hopes and Dreams for 2014


I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and write one of these posts myself as I have loved reading others and I find them so inspiring. I'm not one for making new year resolutions, but I think it's good to start the year on a positive note and focus on things you want to work towards or change.

Get my blog off the ground

I have been following blogs for years now and starting my own is something I have wanted to do for some time now.  I finally got around to it two months ago, it's far from perfect and there's still so much to learn about the blogging world, but I'm enjoying it and it feels good to have a creative outlet. I feel really motivated to push myself and work really hard on it, and I'm looking forward to this time next year to see how far I've come and reflect on everything I've learned.

Visit new places

I have always been so fascinated by other cultures and exploring new places. In the past few years I've been to Thailand and Japan, and last summer me and my boyfriend Marshall travelled to Orange County in California to visit his family. We spent a month there and it was one of the best holidays I have ever had, I am so desperate to go back, the California lifestyle suits me! We won't be able to make it over this summer sadly as we moved in together a few months ago, so all our money is going towards decorating our little flat. We are planning on taking a trip to Paris or Berlin at some point this year though which is exciting.

Make the most of my time

I hate it when I'm sitting around on a Sunday night and I look back on my week and it feels like all I've done is go to work. Saying that, I am guilty of just wanting to come home after a long day and cuddle up on the couch with the cat and cup of tea (ha), so I have no one but myself to blame here, but I do need to make more of an effort to do fun things, make plans and see friends and family more. I'm such a homebody!

Work harder

I honestly can't remember where I read this, but one of my favourite quotes is 'If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll only get more of what you've already got.' I don't mean to sound cheesey, but this quote really changed my life. It's one you can apply to any aspect of your life (and I have done) that you're not happy with and want to change. I am fairly happy with everything in my life at the moment, but of course there are things that I would like to change that require a fair amount of effort, time and hard work. I can be pretty lazy and lose motivation easily when I feel like I'm getting no where with something, whether it be working on a blog post or applying for jobs. But I find that this quote really motivates me to keep working hard.

Stop stressing and worrying so much!

One of the things that annoys me the most about myself is how stressed out and worried I can get, even over the smallest of things. If I had a pound for every time my boyfriend told me to calm down and stop stressing out I would probably be a millionaire by now. Generally I'm a pretty happy and easy going girl, but I can get easily annoyed and over think things, which makes me stressed. It's the way I have always been and it really does me no favours, so I need to find a more constructive way of dealing with stressful situations. More often than not, the things I stress and worry about work out fine anyway and I've wasted my time worrying over absolutely nothing!

What do you hope to achieve this year?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig