Friday 7 November 2014

Packing for Paris



Tomorrow morning I'm jetting off to Paris with Marshall for a well deserved city break, and I couldn't be more excited! I've been to Paris before, it was around this time two years ago, but it was for Pitchfork Music Festival which didn't leave much time during the day to really explore the city. I managed to squeeze in a visit to the Eiffel Tower and a stroll around the Pere Lachaise Cemetery, but that's about it. So I'm determined to explore Paris properly this time and fit in as much as I can in four days.

One of my favourite things about going on holiday is deciding what I’m taking with me; I love outfit planning and deciding what make up, skin care and other essentials I’ll be bringing with me. I wish I could be one of those girls that can pack light but I just can’t. I’m not high maintenance, but I like to be prepared for everything, so I always end up packing more than I need. These photos don’t represent everything I’ll be taking with me, just the bare essentials...


Comfort is going to be my main priority when it comes to my outfit choices, I’ll be living in my black Dr Denim Plenty Jeans (£45) for most of the trip, they are the comfiest jeans I’ve ever owned and I love the fit- they’re super skinny! I’ll be packing most of my jumper collection too and a scarf to keep warm, all my jumpers in the photos above are from Topshop, I adore their knit wear at this time of year, they have so much to choose from! I also recently treated myself to this gorgeous Window Check Print Curve Hem Shirt (£38) and this Stripe Rib Funnel Top (£14) from Topshop, they both look effortlessly stylish worn with my black jeans and Dr Martens.

As for make up, I don’t want to stick to just one make up look while I’m there, so I’ll be taking a couple of blushers and lipsticks with me. MAC's Pro Longwear Blush in Rosey Outlook (£20) is one of my favourites, it’s a pretty, rosey pink shade that creates the most subtle and natural looking finish. Another favourite of mine is the NARS Blush in Desire (£22.50), its such a pretty pink that looks so striking against my fair skin, and has incredible staying power too.
I've been obsessed with my MAC Lipstick in Peach Blossom (£15.50) for months now, it's a lovely pinky nude and is the perfect colour for everyday wear. Like all cremesheens, the formula keeps my lips nourished and soft while making my lips look so kissable. I'll also be taking the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balm in Roomiest Rose (£17) which is the most perfect shade for Autumn! It's a warm, pinky berry colour that really stands out and looks oh so flattering against my fair skin. 
I'll definitely be taking the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (£29) which is my absolute favourite base product; the light and buildable formula blends seamlessly into my skin to even out imperfections, resulting in a dewy matte finish that gives me the skin I've always dreamed of. If you have oily skin like me I'd highly recommend this, it contains anti oxidants that allow congested skin to breathe and controls shine, keeping the complexion fresh looking all day.
I never wear much eye make up apart from mascara, so I'll be relying on the LO'real False Lash Telescopic Mascara (£10.99) to make my eyes stand out. It creates incredible length and volume and makes my lashes look so doll like which I love. My lashes are never complete without curling them with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers (£20) to give them a little more oomph, I never go anywhere without these.

I don’t want to bring too much skin care as I’m planning on buying a few bits and pieces while I’m over there, so most of my usual lotions and potions will be staying at home. I’ll just be packing the essentials; the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (£22) will definitely be coming with me as it removes make up like a dream and leaves my skin feeling lovely and refreshed. I’ve also got the Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser (£18) which I’ve been using as my morning cleanser and as my second cleanser in the evenings. It provides gentle exfoliation and sloughs away all the nasties that clog pores, while keeping my skin balanced and healthy looking. I’ll also be taking my favourite moisturiser, the Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser (£23)which keeps my skin hydrated all day and really perks up my complexion. Oh, and I never travel anywhere without an eye cream! I’ve been loving the Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash (£29), it’s really gentle and illuminates my whole eye area making me look bright eyed and more awake.

Have you been to Paris? Make sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with my Paris trip!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I find packing so fun as well, I think it's the organisation freak in me that loves putting things in my suitcase neatly. I haven't been to Paris, but I've applied to study abroad there next year so every time I see a Paris-oriented post my heart skips a beat.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same, I love being super organised! I hope you end up studying in paris, it will be an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love packing and making lists too. Have a lovely time! xx

    dreamingxpretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig