Wednesday 5 February 2014

Recent Wardrobe Additions


I couldn't wait to hit the shops at the weekend for a spot of retail therapy, it's been far too long since I've splurged and treated myself. January was such a long month and I've become a little bored of the clothes I already have and felt like investing in some new pieces  to update my wardrobe. I didn't buy too much, but I did get a whole new outfit from what I purchased which I'm pretty pleased about. 

I don't normally shop in River Island, but I fell in love with this beautiful Beige Drawn Wool-Blend Oversized Coat (£80) that they have in store at the moment. I have been searching for an oversized coat for months and this one is just perfect! It's a great winter coat, it keeps me so warm and I ended up buying the size 10 instead of the 8, so I have lots of room to layer up underneath. I normally buy coats that are more fitted so this style is very new to me, but I love it, oversized coats look so chic and super stylish.I know I'll get a lot of wear out of this, it's ideal for everyday wear and goes with pretty much everything in my wardrobe. 

Every shopping trip requires a visit to Topshop, where I picked up this Striped Tunic (£29) and two lovely scarves. I actually bought the tunic last month but ended up returning it as I thought it made me look a bit 'boxy' and did nothing for my figure. After trying it on for a second time though I changed my mind and now I adore it. It's the perfect dress for when  you're having a lazy day  and you want to just throw something on but still look like you made the effort.  I really do love wearing stripes, it's such a classic look that never fails to look so effortlessly cool.

The scarves I purchased were this Dogtooth Scarf (£18) and this lovely Check Scarf (£18). I know spring is just around the corner but I couldn't resist picking these up, they both go amazingly with my new coat and they will never go out of style, so I can dig them out next winter too. 


What do you think of my latest purchases? Have you treated yourself to any new clothes lately? 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks wicked on, I really like it :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you got here, especially the scarf! :)
    I've just made quite a large order with Topshop and Forever 21 hehe.

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. that coat is gorgeous! i'm so tempted to pick up that stripey tunic, everything i buy seems to have stripes on at the minute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that coat you are wearing :) It looks great on you! The scarf also gives a great pop of colour to your otherwise monochrome outfit.

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was looks at that dress earlier on today and debating whether or not I should get it
    fashion and beauty tribes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those boots :) where did you get them from? x

    http://hepburnspixiecrop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really old topshop ones, I got them around 2 years ago, you could check eBay though. Xx

      Delete
  7. This is so cute.
    I really need a good scarf and long trent coat.
    In New York and the East Coast, it's been snowing at least 3 feet for the past three weeks.
    I'm completely over it and I'm in desperate need of a new wardrobe.
    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scarf, you can't beat a bit of tartan :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig