Thursday 28 November 2013

Make Up Bag Additions


A few new additions have made their way into my make up bag lately, so I thought I would share with you all the lovely new products I have purchased. 

I am always on the look out for products that will control shine and give my skin a natural looking, matte appearance. Essential Matte Touch by Jouer Cosmetics (£20) is a colourless balm- like skin perfector that works to degrease the skin and diminish the appearance of visible pores. The pores on my nose are one of my biggest skin complaints, and this stuff works wonders at  minimising their appearance, whilst controlling oil making my skin look flawless. Always a winner in my books! And if that wasn't enough, it also comes in the typical Jouer packaging which allows you to connect any other Jouer products you may own together to create your very own custom made palette. So naturally I need to buy another Jouer product.....

Mac blushers are products that I have a bit of a growing obsession with, and I've been looking for a peachy pink colour for a while now to wear during the Autumn and Winter months. This colour, Rosey Outlook (£20), is just perfect. It gives a lovely subtle finish that is so natural looking. It is also quite sheer on application, so you can easily build up the colour depending on the look you want to go for.

My favourite purchase out of all my new make up is the Eyeko Black Magic Mascara (£18). I have wanted to try this mascara for so long now, so when I spied it in Space Nk and it was the last one in stock I took it as a sign that I had to buy it. I normally use cheaper mascaras and it’s been a while since I've purchased a higher end one. The reason being my lashes are naturally quite thick and long anyway, so I have always got the results I wanted from using cheaper ones.  This mascara is truly amazing, I couldn't believe the difference it made to my lashes, they look so much longer and fuller and stayed curled all day. Mascara is the only make up I use on my eyes normally, and his one really defines my eyes and makes them look so much bigger and more awake. I don't think I could go back to using cheaper mascaras after the results that this mascara delivers. 

Another new addition to my make up collection is the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer (£18.50). This comes in a cute little pot and has been specifically designed for use under the eye area to conceal dark circles. I found this a little hard to work with at first – however if you use your fingers to warm it up a little and apply it after using an eye cream, it blends in beautifully and conceals those pesky dark circles.

Lastly, the Clinique Stay-Matte Oil Free Make Up (£22) is an oil controlling foundation that is quite sheer but still provides all day coverage that looks natural. This is the first foundation I have tried from Clinique and I love it, it has a light and creamy formula that applies beautifully to the skin and is so easy to build up to the coverage you desire. Oil free foundations are the only foundations I consider buying because my skin can get pretty shiny over the course of the day, and this foundation keeps my skin looking and feeling flawless.

What make up have you treated yourself to lately?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig