Saturday 30 August 2014

A Dark Circle Fighting Trio


For as long as I can remember, I've been fighting a losing battle with my dark circles. No matter how much sleep I get or how much water I drink, it makes no difference and they never seem to improve. I don't think it's possible to get rid of them completely; it's just something you have to learn to live with if you have them, but I do have a few products on hand that help to minimise their appearance. 

To ensure natural looking coverage and the best results, prep is key. The first thing I do before applying make up to conceal my shadows is apply an eye cream. I've been using the Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash (£29) for around six months now and I can't rave about it enough. This cooling gel releases toxins which minimises the look of puffiness and dark circles and instantly illuminates my eye area making me look awake. It's vey refreshing and hydrating but absorbs quickly, making it the perfect base for my make up as it prevents any creasing and provides a soft,smoother finish. I find that since I've introduced this eye cream into my skin care routine, my dark circles are less noticeable and my under eye area looks so much brighter before I've even touched concealer. 


Once my eye cream has absorbed into my skin, I apply a small amount of the Bobbi Brown Corrector (£19) which neutralises discolouration and brightens my dark circles. It has a thick texture but is really creamy, making it easy to work with. The shade I use is Light Bisque, I like to warm it up between my figures first as I find it blends easier and doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. This step really does make all the difference! I follow this with the Clinique Airbrush Concealer (£19), a product I swear by as it provides amazing coverage without looking cakey and lasts all days. The light formula means I can build up to the coverage I need and transforms my tired looking eyes, making me look wide awake. 


All three of these products work so well together to conceal my dark circles, I highly recommend giving them a try if you suffer from the same problems as myself. 


Have you tried any of these products? What do you use to cover your dark circles?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really want to try the BB corrector, so many people rave about it!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clarins eye gel sounds ideal. I have puffy eyes and am on the look out for a new eye cream, thanks!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete

© adore thee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig